Thursday, March 6, 2008

Answer.

I've cried out, and heard nothing. I've cried out, and felt nothing. But I'll keep holding on because I know You're still there and I'm never going to be alone, no matter what I "feel". It's unexplainable and incomprehensible, but I trust You.

This experience shows me that much more that Love is not just a feeling, nor can it or should it be. If I were to base my relationship with God off of me 'feeling' His presence, our relationship would be totally and completely based off of that "feeling" that I am getting from God, and if God decides to cut off that feeling then hypothetically I would stop "loving" Him. Praise God that this is not how love works! Love is not selfish! It is NOT a feeling!
Love is a choice! It is a decision that every person must make. It should not be based off of a feeling because feelings are fleeting and constantly changing. A firm decision is meant to last. True love lasts. True love is a choice.


"I once was blind, but now I see."

-Burton 261E

No comments: