Saturday, May 24, 2008

Spilt Milk.

I often find myself wondering whether she still feels the same way I do. Although, if I knew the answer to this question it would make little or no change, so I don't know why I'm left wondering this silly question. A probable explanation is that I miss her and wish for a quicker remedy, one that includes her and dismisses any other possibility. Another explanation is that I miss her and want to know that I'm not alone in this painful form of agony, and that she's right there beside me in trying to press on to the future apart from one another. Maybe it's because in both explanations, she's still with me in some way. Unfortunately this hopeless romantic type of thinking winds up getting nobody anywhere. Don't cry over spilled milk. God's already sorting all of this out. Just wait. Wait for Dad to either clean up the milk that's been poured out on the counter or pick up the mess and replenish the glass with new milk entirely.


Romans 8:28
-burton 261E

2 comments:

SuaVe 248E said...

You are loved. God has many plans for you and no moment in your past can steal that. The milk on the floor is probably expired now any way haha! You have been given visions for the future woOt! It's been an honor to see you walk with God into the future He has for you... enjoy every moment of it :)

JENNY said...

Your post reminded me of what a very wise AP once told me...

"God wants us to let go of everything in our hands... As things fall out, God picks them up and restores them; only then does he give them back to us. For the things that fell out which don't reappear in our hands-they're gone, and we can trust that they are so according to His will."