Saturday, July 12, 2008

Once, For All.

God doesn't need us to do anything magnificent, unbelievable or miraculous; nor does he ask of us for such things. He only needs us to stand obedient to His calling, to perhaps plant a seed whenever given the opportunity, and allow for Him to work His inexplicably marvelous miracles in the middle of our lives.

There is never a day when I feel perfectly adequate or feel that I measure up, but I am continually renewed and forever reminded that God has never asked me to be adequate. He has asked me to be absolutely flawless, and His Son has already ever so flawlessly and perfectly carried out this requirement for me, by the tree at Calvary. I need to do, no more.

"Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself." (Hebrews 7:27 with emphasis added)

Christ died, once, for all.


-burton 261E

No comments: